If you can’t find the affiliate links you are looking for in the pre-generated links we have available on Rakuten, you can create your own links using the Deep Linking tool.
- Log in to Rakuten here.
- Go to Links > Deep Linking > select Udemy from the advertiser drop-down menu.
- Browse our site to find the course or category you would like to promote.
- You can click Browse Advertiser Site on the right to find the URL of the course, copy and paste it in the URL field.
- Important note: the URL field includes https://. After pasting your URL, please check to make sure https:// doesn’t appear twice in your link.
- Select the button for Single Link (to create one link) or Multiple Links (to create links for a list of URLs).
- To create a text link, select the Text Link button and enter the copy for your text link
- If your link includes an image, select the button for Image Link and copy the URL for the image in the Image URL field. To get the URL for the image, right click on the image and select Copy Image Location or Copy Image URL, depending on your browser.
- OPTIONAL: Adding a tag or U1 Value – Publishers who use Rakuten Affiliate Network Signature, may enter a U1 value. An U1 Value is similar to labeling or tagging your link. For more info on this subject, please see the “Guide to Signature Tracking” here.
- Click Create Link to generate the link code, which will appear below the Create Link box.
- Copy and paste the code onto your site, and you’re ready for business! Your links will start tracking to the correct page almost immediately, and your activity will be listed as Deep Links in the Link Type Report and other reports.
Always remember to test your affiliate link to make sure it goes to the page you want. To test your affiliate link, use incognito mode in your browser to make sure you don’t have any previous cookies affecting your affiliate link test.